The common cold or seasonal allergies can be annoying for anyone but can be even more uncomfortable during pregnancy. Here are some safe solutions to help you to feel better.
- Take Vitamin C 1,000mg three times daily
- Take Vitamin D3 5,000 IU once daily
- Increase your fluid intake
- Rest as much as possible
- A spoonful of honey can soothe a sore throat and help with cough
- Avoid dairy as it can increase mucous production
- Saline nasal spray can soothe nasal passages and help relieve congestion
- A sinus rinse (such as a neti pot) can also help to alleviate congestion
Call to speak to a nurse or midwife if you develop a fever higher than 100.4, have worsening symptoms, or develop new symptoms.