- This event has passed.
Prenatal Yoga Series
August 1 @ 5:20 pm - 6:20 pm EDT$15
Tami Mor has 12 years of experience as a DONA certified birth doula and in teaching preparation for birth courses. Tami has participated in more than 100 births and counting and is a mother herself.
Preparation for natural birth throughout holistic yoga
We will prepare for the birth experience through the holistic yoga experience. As a yogi, Tami had an epiphany in which the magnificent oneness of yoga and childbirth was born within her and she conceived this insight: yoga is birth and birth is yoga – they are one.
From this insight, Tami created and developed a unique and invigorating prenatal yoga program which is in fact an application of the unification of yoga and birth.
In the classes we will experience the journey of the holistic yoga wisdom which connects body-mind-soul. A freeing, empowering and healing journey that can be achieved through this combination as stretching alone is not enough.
Classes are designed with you and your baby’s well-being in mind and you will immediately feel the positive impact.
Classes are gentle and cozy; no previous yoga experience is required.
The course benefits:
1. Contribute to your pregnancy (and your baby) overall well-being.
2. Preparing you for a natural, flowing and an amazing positive birth.
3. Providing wide arrange of tools for birth, such as inner observation, inner listening, centering, relaxation, inner trust, the ability to surrender, purifying, letting go. etc… These tools will also serve your wellbeing throughout life.
The course includes 10 sessions. After completion of these sessions and until the birth, classes will continue on a weekly basis yoga class using the tools and techniques provided in the course.
1. The history of natural childbirth. This session is based on my grandmother’s inspiration, (who was a home midwife at the time hospitals for birth did not exist). The principle of natural birth and how it applies through yoga.
2. The role of hormones, as means of harmony, inner observation and connecting body-mind-spirit as one and how it applies through yoga.
3. The application of yoga breathing to a flowing birth (techniques, vocalization, visualization etc.)
4. The role of the mind in birth as in yoga- releasing fears and disturbances, cleansing, and letting go.
5. The process of controlling, surrendering and trusting in the birth as in yoga.
6. The process of purifying in yoga as in birth and strengthening tools to handle pain.
7. The application of positive yoga thinking and meditation for a flowing birth.
8. The application of yoga relaxation techniques to achieve a flowing birth.
9. Seeing the birth from the baby’s point of view, the tools for communication with your baby and how it applies through yoga.
10. The application of yoga asanas (movement) to movement in birth.
Walk in- $15.
Packages – 5 classes for $65 ($13 per session) or 10 Classes for $100 ($10 per session).
Classes are paid directly to the teacher when class starts.